I have been asked by family, friends and business people what makes an effect entrepreneur?
I had to really contemplate this question, I have been an entrepreneur online for at least 6 years however my mom will tell you I have really been an entrepreneur my whole life. Whenever I needed money for anything I found a way to make that money.
Here are some thoughts about how to be an effective entrepreneur:
Think of it this way before a doctor diagnoses a specific disease, his patient must undergo a series of laboratory exams and assessments. He has to know the history of his patient and how lifestyle affected his present health problem. As results come in, that would be an indication of the time when a physician gives specific drugs and therapies for maintenance. This will eventually contribute to the level of optimum health for that individual. If all else fails, the process will be repeated again.
Similar to what the above mentioned situation has stated, an entrepreneur’s responsibility would be pretty much the same. It’s just that, he/she should see his/her customers as his/her patients and what they must have to survive a present predicament or a need. He/she must follow certain steps before doing anything irrational that could contribute to the downfall of his/her business. He/she should have certain characteristics innate in his personality for if he lacks one of these, he’s/she’s most probably doomed to fail.
Entrepreneurship is collectively defined as exhibiting one’s vision, taking action, and pursuing that vision as a goal to be achieved in life as service to reality. In the meaningless definition, it’s getting your butt out of that couch and doing something rather than fulfilling your life’s destiny of being a couch potato. Stated below are some of the distinct attitudes an entrepreneur should positively have:
• Optimism – is foreseeing things in a positive way not withstanding any circumstances that may hinder progress. The assertiveness of an individual depends on his knowledge of how to handle a difficult situation.
• Creativity – is thinking outside the box. Expanding one’s mind of what is beyond the ordinary through fine research and collection of data.
• Stability – either physical, mental, social or emotional, a leader must possess a stable life which means he could handle tough situations during tough times
• Charismatic – intelligence in communicating with different walks of life. Who says a charming man is less than an intelligent one? A good entrepreneur must have the certain magic glistening in his eyes and could convey enchanting words to get hold of that convincing power no one dare resist.
• Risk-taker – as someone beginning his/her own dream, he/she should be stern and must have the guts to take the big leap of plunging into his/her own doom or success. He/She should not be afraid of taking chances when opportunity strikes.
• Energetic – willing to do whatever it takes to reach to the finish line. His/her drive must always be at its highest level for being an entrepreneur would make you work overtime. His/her enthusiasm must prevail the next best thing.
• Time bound – like a written report in a newspaper, an entrepreneur must be on the top of every innovation. By looking at our past, we could predict our future.
Small businesses, in time, would turn out big if the scope of management exceeds what is expected. So it is necessary for a beginner to be positive about his endeavors. He must be very observant of what his environment lacks and needs. He should have sturdy shoulders to put on extra weight of carrying a responsibility that could change his or her life.
One’s greatest failure is sticking with the mentality of being conventional. This would be one of an entrepreneur’s greatest downfalls. Think big. Act. Make your business dreams come true.
Know that building any business takes time, patience, and yes some investment into that business whether it be money or a lot of time if you have to build it all from having no investment money. HOWEVER the rewards when you see what you have accomplished are HUGE!
I know, I started out not knowing how to even send out an attachement in an email to where I am today. An accomplished website designer, graphic designer, internet radio show host, can edit audio and video. All of which I spent months training myself! I didn’t have any budget whatsoever when I first started out online!
I went to the library, read all the internet marketing guru’s newsletters, spent 16 hours or more online a day working hard to get the word out about my business and the rest of the time studying. Honestly I didn’t sleep much that first year I was online. However looking back now at what I have accomplished is so satisfying, and to know that I did it all.
So can you! BUT you don’t have to spend hours upon hours learning how to do website design or learn the hard way how to do podcasting? Or work inside of WordPress!
I offer consultations as well as other services that will HELP you succeed in business faster than I did!
For more information on my consultations please visit this page:
Take the struggle out of your day to day business life! Let me help you!